Saturday, July 11, 2009

Somehow

I've been thinking about how to post this on here, partly because I've been so nervous about getting a job, and partly because I'm just sort of afraid I won't say it the right way, but I got a job!

Yes, it's true. I somehow managed to wrangle an instructor position in this scary economic quicksand we're all sort of sinking in.

Evidence of the quicksandiness of the economy? Bobby is being replaced at his job by a computer. No lie. Let me say that again, because it just sounds so ridiculous and so sort of zeitgeisty (please allow me zeitgeisty, thanks). He is being replaced by a computer.

Because of this absurd, hilarious, and sad event, I really really needed to get a job. I'm happy to say I'll be teaching interpretation of literature and continuing as an adviser. It's possible, however, that I've started taking my advising position too seriously. Out with friends I'll nag them about documents they need to turn in and deadlines that are coming up.

Okay, I don't think I can say anymore about this. I'm too nervous/excited about the coming semester. And actually, writing this little blog right now is a distraction. I'm supposed to be working on a story.... Away I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment