Thursday, May 13, 2010

Paper Skin Glass Bones

I'm coming to you live from my week off in-between semesters. Ah, the joys of being a teacher.

I'm happy to report that one of my short stories is going to be published in an online journal. Check it out: http://www.paperskinglassbones.com/index.html

I'll be in their June launch issue.

Also, I'm going to the National Society of Arts and Letters Literature Competition in Short Story Writing next week. Scary! Here is a link to the competition: http://www.arts-nsal.org/competition.html

If you'll recall, I won first place for my local chapter. This is all just too exciting/nerve wracking.

So, a week off from teaching, but not really. We're doing grade norming in the English Department, so I have to read and grade a set of creative writing papers. I also have to get lessons prepared for the coming weeks so I'm not scrambling. It's going to be a challenge to fit an entire semester's worth of creative writing stuff into six weeks.

And then Interpretation of Fiction for the second half of the semester! Like a crazy person, I've decided that we are going to read a novel (in a week and a half!). My kids are going to have to really buckle down, but I figure that as long as I alert them to this fact, we'll all be okay.

Right?

1 comment:

  1. whoah, that's a lot of stuff you have going on ms. missy miss! good luck with all that! a novel in a week & a half in the summer time seems very optimistic indeed. <3

    ReplyDelete